Office of International Affairs and Education

The Office of International Affairs and Education will be with you on your first step towards the world


All foreign students must be issued a visa for the purpose of staying in Korea, and must not engage in activities other than the purpose of staying and comply with relevant laws and regulations. Alien registration card(ARC) is an identification card when you stay in Korea. If there is any change or loss of your ARC, you must report it to the International Affairs Office.

Alien Registration Card

  • Alien registration card is a Korean visa and identification card, so you should never lose it.
  • In case of loss, it must be reported to the International Exchange Center.
  • When a Alien registration card is issued, the visa attached to the passport will no longer be effective.
  • When leaving and returning to Korea, you must bring your passport and alien registration card with you.
  • The length of stay on the alien registration card must be longer than the date of entry
    • Stay period: July 31, 2020 / Entry date: August 10, 2020 → No entry allowed
    • Stay period: July 31, 2020 / Entry date: → July 30, 2020 → Entry is possible
  • Do not take a picture of your face with your alien registration card
  • If you leave Korea after completing all the courses, make sure to return your alien registration card to the immigration desk at the airport.
  • If you go abroad or Jeju Island, before issuing alien registration card you must return back to your home country and re-apply for visa.
  • When applying for a new application, visit the International Exchange Center with the following documents and adjust the time with the in charge to visit the immigration office.
    • One white background passport size photo.
    • Application form for alien registration card (Immigration form)
    • Passport.
    • Fee of 30,000 won
    • Certificate of enrollment
    • Proof of residence

Visa Extension

  • Always check the expiration date of the visa and make sure to visit the International Exchange Office two months before its expiration.
  • If a passport is changed or lost, it must be reported to the International Exchange Center.
  • If the mobile phone number and email address are changed, it must be reported to the international exchange office.
  • Advised visa extension two months before the expiration of the stay period
  • Those who suspend their studies due to personal circumstances or lack of credit cannot extend their stay.
  • When extending the visa, prepare the following documents and receive a visit to the International Exchange Center:
Category D-4(Language Course) D-2(Undergraduate) Remark
Documents to submit (General)
  • Passport
  • Alien Registration Card
  • Receipt of Tuition fee
  • Medical Certificate
  • Proof of Residence
  • Extension fee 50000₩
  • Passport
  • Alien Registration Card
  • Certificate of tuition fee payment(U-Drims Issue)
  • Medical Certificate
  • Certificate of Enrollment
  • Transcript
  • Proof of Residence
  • Extension fee 50000₩
  • If visa cannot be extended online, the extension fee is 60000₩
  • *Exchange students are required to contact the International office for visa extension
Documents to submit (Extra)
  • If a student’s attendance is less than 70%
  • He/she need to provide proof of bank balance more than 4,000,000₩
  • If a student’s average grade is less than 2.5
  • He/she need to provide proof of bank balance more than 9,000,000₩
Registration Office International Exchange Office Contac info: 054-770-2848(2847)
  • Depending on the result of the extension review, a visit to the Ulsan Immigration Office may be required

Change in Visa

  • When a registered foreigner, changes his or her place of residence, he or she needs to report to the head of the immigration office or branch office that has jurisdiction over the head of the city, county, or district within 14 days from the date of transfer.
  • Penalties of up to 1 million won for violating Article 36 of the Immigration Act if a person fails to report.
  • When reporting, prepare the following documents and visit the community service center to report the change.
    • Integrated(all in one) application form
    • Passport and alien registration card
    • Proof of residence

Link to Ulsan Immigration Office

  • Visitor is required to make a reservation before visiting through internet reservation system Go to online reservation
  • Main Service: Visa, residence, residence, nationality, investigation, issuance of proof, ship inspection, etc.
  • Working Hours: Mon-Fri 9: 00 ~ 12: 00, 13: 00 ~ 18: 00
  • Address: 86 Myeonggi-ro, Nam-gu, Ulsan